WATER EFFICIENCY INCENTIVE PROGRAM
The Water Efficient Incentive Program (WEIP) is a collaborative effort between Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority and large customers to improve water use efficiency. This program provides its partners with a financial incentive for installing water efficient devices or technologies that result in at least 100,000 gallons saved annually.
The program will enable commercial customers to achieve water efficiency through individualized projects. The program is open to all commercial, industrial, institutional, and large landscape customers with qualifying projects within the Water Authority service area.
Let’s work together!
Projects must be pre-qualified in advance. Before you start your project submit an application with project description, pre-project before photos, the estimated cost of the project and the estimated water savings of the project over a period the first year and subsequent five years.
Completed projects will be evaluated for an incentive of $10 per unit of water (748 gallons) saved annually. The project must result in at least 100,000 gallons saved annually to receive an incentive.
Customers could qualify for up to 50% of the cost of the project or a maximum of $50,000, whichever is lower.
Call Carlos Bustos, Water Conservation Program, at (505) 289-3005 to learn more.
The WEIP provides a rebate for customized water efficiency projects including but not limited to:
- Custom design of on-site water reuse projects.
- Replacement of older, less water-efficient equipment with new high-efficiency commercial and industrial equipment.
- Improving cooling tower water usage operations.
- Comprehensive changes to industrial processes that reduce water consumption per unit of output and improve efficiency.
- Improvements to existing irrigation systems to improve water use efficiency and/or installation of artificial turf on large landscapes (minimum of 10,000 square feet).