Irrigation Efficiency Rebates
When designing irrigation systems group plants by their water needs.
Plants such as vegetable gardens, fruit trees or turf will need water more often in the summer. These should be grouped separately than our lower water users like our desert natives.
Most plants should be watered with drip irrigation equipment. These systems apply water only where plant roots can access it, and only as often and deeply as plants require.
If you are watering a lawn, choose high efficiency sprinkler nozzles as listed below.
FREE Efficient Irrigation Consultations
Free Residential Efficient Irrigation Consultations– Call Richard at 505-289-3003 to sign up for a free visit. The Water Authority Irrigation Specialist will schedule a visit to offer landscape efficient irrigation advice.
A trained specialist will:
- Arrive at your home at the scheduled time to review your landscape goals and plant material.
- Check your irrigation system’s performance and controller settings.
- Create customized recommendations for irrigation settings to help you save money and water.
- Review rebates that are available through the Water Authority that could benefit you and your landscape.
High Efficiency Sprinkler Nozzles
We’d like to encourage you to change your existing spray heads to High Efficiency sprinkler nozzles. These nozzles minimize water waste, they feature unique, multi-trajectory rotating streams that deliver water at a steady rate. This slower application rate allows water to gently soak in at rates that soils can absorb. Use these nozzles to replace the sprinkler head on any conventional spray head body or pop up sprinkler for water savings of up to 30%.
High efficiency sprinkler nozzles are a great solution for upgrading an old and poorly performing sprinkler system. In most cases, you just remove the old, water wasting spray nozzle and replace it with the new head. You don’t even have to take the main sprinkler body out of the ground.
Get $2.00 off each nozzle you purchase and install.
Multi-Setting Sprinkler Controller
Sprinkler Controllers or Water Timers are used to set the sprinkler system to specific watering times.
Customers may receive 25% toward the total purchase price with no limitation.
A rain sensor is a device that senses rainfall. It is connected to an automatic irrigation system that causes the system to shut down in the event of a rainfall thereby helping the homeowner conserve water. Rain sensors automatically shuts off the sprinkler system when it rains.
Customers may receive a $25 rebate per account.
Please review the following requirements:
- Applicants are required to be a Water Authority customer
- Rebate credits remain at the address where the water conservation work took place.
- The rebate form is returned to the Water Authority within ninety (90) days of the purchase or service date to be honored.
- The rebate credits the Water Authority account at the installation address.
- The rebate is credited within one to two billing cycles after the form is processed. Customers are required to submit proof of purchase or service with the rebate form.