As irrigation season ramps up, we sat down with the Water Authority’s irrigation specialist to ask a few questions about the utility’s new FREE Efficient Irrigation Consultations.
Why is the Water Authority offering this service?
- In ABQ, 40% of our drinking water is
used on landscapes.
- Improperly maintained irrigation systems often apply twice the water the plants need in order to compensate for system inefficiencies.
- Often, relatively simple maintenance or scheduling changes have a big impact on how much water our irrigation systems use to water plants.
- It’s often difficult for someone not trained in this field to detect irrigation problems, since the systems usually run at night and most components are hidden.
- Empowering you to better understand your landscape and irrigation systems will help all of us steward our valuable water resources.
How does a typical consultation go?
- A trained specialist will:
- Arrive at your home at the scheduled time to review your landscape goals and plant material.
- Check your irrigation system’s performance and controller settings.
- Create customized recommendations for irrigation settings to help you save money and water.
- Review rebates that are available through the Water Authority that could benefit you and your landscape.
Why should I sign up for a FREE Efficient Irrigation Consultation?
- You’ll be supporting water efficiency
goals in Albuquerque. Be a steward of water conservation.
- Save money and water.
- It’s free.
- Learn something about your landscape and your watering systems.
How do I request this service?
- Call 505-289-3003
Visit our Irrigation Efficiency Rebate page to see all our rebates.